Get ready to push your 'meh' makeup aside, and embrace a whole, new fabulous look without going broke. These four beauty brands deliver serious, high-powered product without delivering a blow to your piggy bank.
This British beauty, makeup, and haircare brand are renowned for creating impressive dupes of luxury items for the eyes, lips, and face. Launched in March 2014, the company aims to deliver "exciting, high-quality products at affordable prices." In addition to featuring online makeup ranging between $1 to $50, all their stunning products are 100% cruelty-free so you get to feel good about what you're wearing too.
Products to Try
- The Makeup Revolution eye shadow palettes are bursting with popularity among the beauty community. For instance, the Soph Eyeshadow Palette costs just $15 and contains the perfect mix of 14 soft mattes and 10 glittery metallic eye shadows. Whether you opt for a natural daytime look or full-on glam, this palette will help you to stand out for all the right reasons.
- Looking for a foundation that's gone viral? The brand's Fast Base Foundation Stick is Instagram famous and costs just $9. Available in 18 shades and a range of undertones, it contours and highlights your complexion to deliver a flawless finish.
Wet n Wild
Wet n Wild is based in the City of Angels and offers gorgeous cosmetics for the eyes, lips, nails, and face. Available in drugstores throughout the US as well as online, the company has earned the title "#1 Value Brand in America" over the years, along with several other media awards. They pride themselves on being cruelty-free and providing some of the most affordable yet high-quality products on the market. Wet n Wild provides over 400 versatile shades with budget-friendly prices ranging from 99¢-$70, so you're unlikely to run out of choice.
Products to Try
- When Wet n Wild launched in 1979, they offered lipsticks for 99¢. These lipsticks are still some of their best-selling products today - and they haven't gone up in price! Their Silk Finish Lipstick is available in 24 luscious shades and will take you from drab to fab in a heartbeat.
- Known as the "lip liner of choice that matches every skin tone," the Color Icon Lipliner has a huge following of makeup artists and celebrities. This product is available in countless shades for only 99¢ and truly helps to make your lipstick pop.
- Furthermore, Wet N Wild's black eyeliner pencil is so popular that they sell one every 20 seconds! Grab the Color Icon Kohl Liner Pencil in Baby's Got Black for an unbelievable 99¢.
With an established British heritage, Rimmel London has been on the beauty scene since 1834. They are renowned for revolutionizing and becoming the definition of mascara across the world after it was previously made with mercury and unhygienic materials.
The company has evolved with a "constant need to push boundaries" and aims to keep "innovating to reshape convention, create new looks, and give you the tools to explore new versions of your look."
Rimmel definitely must be doing something right, as their makeup products have been endorsed by a variety of high-profile celebrities over the years, including supermodels Kate Moss and Cara Delevingne and singer Rita Ora.
Products to Try
- Rimmel's ScandalEyes Mascara is particularly popular due to its sultry and seductive nature. Available in both a light and dark black shade, it creates "unstoppable volume" across your lashes for a full, flirty and fluttery look. And the good news? It only costs $6.
- Additionally, the Lasting Finish Breathable Foundation has received an abundance of media attention for being incredibly lightweight yet providing great coverage. There are 16 shades available to suit every skin tone and the product also contains SPF 18 for those bright and sunny days where you need an extra layer of protection.
- Similarly, the Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss is praised by influencers and celebrities alike and only costs $5. Each of the 14 shades is high-intensity in color and lasts up to 8 hours, which can easily take you from the office to post-work drinks.
Founded in 2014 by Seed Beauty, ColourPop pride themselves on "being wallet-friendly and bunny approved." With an array of beautiful makeup products on offer, from matte lipsticks to super pigmented eye shadows to creamy concealers, the company is currently taking the beauty world by storm.
YouTube influencers, makeup artists, and top magazines have been especially impressed with the brand. They have the ability to listen carefully to what the beauty community is looking for and deliver it within a fast turnaround, which is why they continue to win both industry awards and the hearts of their consumers.
Products to Try
- For instance, ColourPop's Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick is the proud owner of a 2018 Glamour Beauty award. Available in a range of rich, pigmented shades for a mere $6.50, the creamy formula is a lipstick lover's dream to apply. It also lasts the entire day making it ideal for work or play.
Similarly, their eye shadow palettes are lusted after worldwide. The Yes, Please! Pressed Powder Palette made the Nylon 2017 Beauty Hit List because of its highly pigmented shadows, which feel ultra-velvety and silky on the eyes. Inspired by the golden hour glow, you can grab all 12 alluring shades for only $16.
Finding Good Value for Money
There are several budget-friendly makeup brands on the market at the moment; however, not all of them are great value for money. Make sure you shop around, read customer and media reviews, and have fun with different options to find out which ones work best for you.