Get ready to howl at the moon by creating a fun and scary werewolf costume using makeup. There are easy ways to use makeup to transform you into a werewolf within minutes.
Werewolf Makeup Ideas
You can transform yourself into a scary werewolf using simple makeup techniques. Be sure to have a few basic supplies on hand before you begin so you are prepared to create your look. You will also want to have an idea of the type of werewolf look you want to create before you start your transformation.
There are a few basic supplies needed to create a werewolf look. Some supplies to have on hand are:
- Black and brown eyeliner
- Black mascara
- Plastic fangs
- Red lipstick
- Cream makeup in shades of light brown, dark brown and red
- Makeup sponges and brushes
- Powder for setting makeup
Face Makeup Instructions
To begin your transformation, you will want to change the color of your face. Follow these simple steps:
- Begin by applying the light brown cream makeup. You will want to use a sponge and apply the light brown lightly, adding more as needed.
- You will then add some dark brown around your face to make yourself look like you have darkened skin.
- Add some darker brown to the tip of your nose.
Whiskers and Hair
- Whiskers are a must. Use your eyeliner to create whiskers around your face and mouth. Be sure to add plenty under your nose and on your cheeks.
- To add more hair to your face, consider using fake hair and apply it with gum paste.
- Unruly, messy hair is a must. You can create your own messy style or purchase a werewolf wig to wear as part of your costume.
Bushy Eyebrows and Dark Eyes
- A werewolf has bushy eyebrows. Use eyeliner to extend your eyebrows across your forehead. You can make them look as bushy as you like by using a makeup brush to create short, angled lines.
- You will also want to make your eyes stand out. Line them with dark black liner and apply plenty of mascara to make your lashes as full as possible. You can also use fake lashes to intensify the look.
Blood and Fangs
- Using red makeup or lip liner, draw lines of blood from the corners of your mouth.
- Add a pair of plastic fangs to complete your scary wolf look.
- Don't forget that your hands will also be visible. You can draw hair on the tops of your hands using makeup and eyeliner. Use shades of black and brown for the best results.
- Keep your fingernails, real or fake, can be long and pointed. Be sure to paint your nails black.
Monster High Clawdeen Wolf
In addition to the scary werewolf look, you can create a cute and trendy look just like Clawdeen Wolf from Monster High. To create this werewolf look, you will want to purchase a headband with fake ears. Style your hair as you normally would then apply makeup to imitate her look.
- White and purple glitter eye shadow
- Black liquid eyeliner
- Black mascara
- Brown makeup
- Red lipstick
- White cream makeup
To begin the transformation:
- Apply the brown makeup all over your face. You can either use a makeup sponge or your fingertips.
- Use the glitter eye shadows on the lids of your eyes and extend to your brow bone.
- Line your eyes with the black liquid eyeliner making sure to extend beyond your lash line.
- Apply several coats of mascara to make your lashes stand out and look thick.
- Apply red lipstick to your lips.
- Using a makeup brush, draw two white fangs on your lower lip over top of the red lipstick.
Werewolf Makeup Kit
If you want to take the guess work out of creating your werewolf look, you can purchase a makeup kit designed for a werewolf costume. These kits can be found at discount and drug stores as well as at Halloween and costume shops. Most basic kits will contain a color palette, setting powder, applicators, fake hair and plastic fangs.