Estee Lauder makeup sponges are perfect for applying and blending liquid foundation, as well as blending other types of makeup without getting makeup on your hands or wasting tissues. It's easy to learn how to use these simple and inexpensive makeup tools.
Estee Lauder Background
The Estee Lauder company was founded more than sixty years ago by a woman of the same name. The company has built its brand and its business on the notion that beauty is attainable for every woman. Estee Lauder boasts a broad line of skin care products, fragrances, makeup, and makeup applicators.
Uses for Estee Lauder Makeup Sponges
Estee Lauder makeup sponges are round or triangular-shaped wedges that can be used to apply liquid foundation and blend all kinds of makeup. Here are just a few uses for these makeup sponges.
- Applying liquid foundation all over the face and neck
- Blending liquid foundation and foundation powders
- Smoothing finishing powders
- Blending eye shadow
- Blending edges of applied blush and bronzer
- Smudging eye pencil lines
- Smoothing settled makeup around the nose and corners of the mouth
Making Sponges Last
Many people do not realize that tools like the Estee Lauder makeup sponges can actually be washed to elongate their life span. By washing your makeup sponges, you can get extra use out of them and save money on how often you need to replenish your supply. Here's how.
- In a bowl or clean sink basin, run warm water over the used makeup sponges.
- Gently rub sponges with a clean, damp cloth and the same soap you use on your face. You may need to soak and squeeze the sponges several times before they come clean.
- Squeeze and allow to air dry on a paper towel for at least twenty-four hours.
Sponges can be reused until they lose their shape or their edges or tips become dull and worn. If your sponge shows signs of wear or emits an odor, it should be throw away and replaced with a new makeup sponge.
Where to Buy Estee Lauder
Estee Lauder is sold mostly at counters in a variety of high end retailers, as follows.
- Saks Fifth Ave
- Bergdorf Goodman
- Neiman Marcus
- Von Maur
- Lord & Taylor
For a complete list of retailers, visit the Estee Lauder store locator.
Trending from Sponges to Brushes
Many makeup manufacturers are abandoning the use of makeup sponges in favor of makeup brushes. Sponges can sometimes hold bacteria and do not wear as well as brushes. Also, sponges tend to absorb some of the makeup intended to go on the face. Many people feel that this is a waste of makeup, which further contributes to the industry trend toward brushes and away from sponges. Due to these reasons and others, some Estee Lauder counters may not have makeup sponges available for purchase. It's always a good idea to call before visiting the store to make sure they have the product or products you are looking for.