I'm always excited when a new shade in the Tarte Natural Cheek Stain collection is released - it's been a longtime staple in my makeup collection for years! I'm a big proponent of this portable product, for more than a few reasons. It's one of those must-have items that no woman should be without, particularly if time is of the essence or the mysteries of makeup just aren't worth trying to decipher every morning.
About the Tarte Natural Cheek Stain
In but a few words, Tarte Natural Cheek Stain can be best described as simple, quick, no-fuss, natural and appealing - and those are just for starters. Packaged in a cute, petite cylinder, the stain is actually a solid gel, vastly different from the likes of Benefit Benetint and cream blushes that require vigorous blending to get just right.
Tarte does things a bit differently to make life easier for those of us who find ourselves in a hurry from time to time and can't be bothered to whip out the old blush brush and powder blush to achieve that just-perfect application every single day. No matter, because this easy product does it all for you in mere seconds.
I always love to know more about what's in the products I use and love, but it's especially intriguing to learn more about natural ingredients that are derived straight from nature.
Tarte's Cheek Stain is absolutely loaded with them! The Tarte T5 Super Fruit Complex is a rich blend of five active super-fruits, each completely natural, rich in nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants and boasting anti-aging and skin-protecting benefits. The Complex includes the following ingredients:
- Acai Berry Extract: Consider it the ultimate super-fruit. It's no wonder this hyped up berry receives so much attention; it's a free radical-fighting, cell regenerating, anti-inflammatory and softening miracle worker that helps combat those early signs of aging.
- Acerola: This vitamin C- and antioxidant-rich ingredient brightens the skin and wards off harmful free radicals.
- Goji Berry Extract: Another anti-aging powerhouse, this fruit is packed with nutrients and vitamin C.
- Maracuja: Just the thing to soothe tired, red or sensitive skin, maracuja helps calm irritated and inflamed areas and even helps eliminate redness.
- Pomegranate: Yet another beneficial ingredient, it prevents environmental damage and boasts high levels of antioxidants and vitamin C.
Additionally, the colors and dyes used in this product are derived from natural minerals, which are highly regarded for being non-irritating and versatile enough to use on nearly all skin types.
As you might guess, applying this cheek stain is very simple. No tools are needed - just push the product up from the base and rub it directly onto the apples of the cheeks or use a finger to apply and blend.
The product feels cool, thanks to its gel formula, and since it's so malleable it can be blended for a good 20 seconds before it finally sets. This is a far cry from liquid stains, which generally dry as soon as they touch the skin! Since the product is alcohol- and oil-free, it's non-drying and non-comedogenic. This makes it perfect for all skin types!
This is by far the most fun part of shopping for cheek stains. Tarte's vast color selection is impressive - there are many to choose from, and there is truly something for everyone. I own and use a number of them, with my personal favorites being:
- Cloud 9: The packaging appears shockingly purple, but this pretty color smoothes on to reveal a sheer, girly pink with just a hint of shimmer.
- Blushing Bride: A natural shade similar to Benetint, this fresh rosy-wine hue will add the most becoming glow to anyone's face.
- True Love: Very natural, very fresh and deceptively bright on the outside, this sheer watermelon hue just radiates a spunky, youthful color.
- Bronze Goddess: I shy away from shimmery cheeks in most cases, but this sheer bronze hue is infused with only the slightest amount. Blend it in and welcome warm weather with a serene, healthy glow.
- A Perfect Whirled: This limited edition hue is downright gorgeous, boasting a coral-pink hue that is suitable for nearly every skin tone. It's the perfect pick-me-up for a sallow skin day, lending a luminous appearance to a tired face in an instant!
Don't think twice about picking up one or two of these versatile stains. Keep an eye out for miniature, limited edition versions, which are often released during the holiday season. Those are perfect for tossing in a purse, but even the full size product is portable enough to carry anywhere. At $28 a pop, they're on the pricy side, but they last for years and pay for themselves in no time!