NARS cosmetics were created for women who like to take risks and have fun with their makeup. Inspired by and made for modern women, its products are intended to help women explore and express their individual character through cosmetics.
NARS Product Line
Instantly recognizable by its chic, minimalist packaging, NARS is known for their top-quality cosmetics with creative, quirky names. NARS uses its products to promote a positive attitude towards beauty by encouraging women to embrace their own unique look. By effortlessly combining classic sensibility with a modern aesthetic and bold, fashion-forward colors, NARS has won acclaim among beauty industry insiders and regular women everywhere.
Where to Buy NARS Cosmetics
NARS products are available online and in stores. You can find the best selection from the following retailers:
- NARS: Buy directly from NARS and get free shipping on every order.
- Sephora: You can find a wide selection of popular NARS products at Sephora; orders over $50 receive free shipping.
- Neiman Marcus: Trusted retailer Neiman Marcus offers the full line of NARS makeup, skin care, and tools.
- Nordstrom: Find an extensive selection of NARS cosmetics products at Nordstrom. They offer free shipping and returns on all web orders.
- Amazon: There are thousands of NARS products available on Amazon. Look for sellers that offer free shipping and discounted prices.
- Orgasm Blush: One of their original products and still a best-seller, Orgasm Blush gives a natural flush to any skin tone.
- Turkish Delight Lip Gloss: Enriched with vitamin E to condition lips while providing a high-gloss shine, Turkish Delight is a favorite among NARS users.
- Rated R Eye Duo: NARS pairs complementary shades to be worn together or alone in their Eye Duos. Rated R is a cult classic.
- Copacabana Multiple: This is the original of Francois Nars' innovative multi-use shimmer stick for eyes, cheeks, lips, and body. It is one of the brand's most iconic products to date.
- Dolce Vita Lipstick: Inspired by the Fellini classic, Dolce Vita provides long-lasting sheer color while moisturizing and protecting lips.
- Night Breed Eyeshadow: This multi-purpose shadow can be used to shade, line, or highlight eyes.
- Thakoon for NARS Nail Polish: Inspired by the colors of an Indian spice market, the spring 2012 collaboration between Thakoon and NARS offers six limited edition vibrant shades of the brand's long-wearing, chip-resistant nail polish.
- 413 BLKR Collection: The 413 BLKR line includes eyeshadow, lipstick, and lip gloss in special edition colors.
- Larger Than Life Lip Gloss: NARS' latest lip gloss creation provides highly pigmented color while moisturizing and plumping lips in 12 shades.
- Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner: The newest liner from NARS gives 12 smudge-free hours of wear for lasting, dramatic color in 11 shades.
- Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer: Your skin gets hydration, coverage, and sun protection in one with Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. It's available in nine shades suited to all skin tones.
- Makeup Removing Water: Get gentle cleansing with this soap-free, oil-free, and alcohol-free toner that removes makeup while toning and moisturizing skin.
Founder Francois Nars
Francois Nars was born in France, where he was exposed to the fashion world at an early age. Inspired by his glamorous mother and the pages of French Vogue, Francois became captivated with the idea of beauty. As a young man, he attended the prestigious Carita Makeup School in Paris. There, he honed his skills and creativity and began to promote his philosophy of using makeup to explore the nuances of individuality.
In 1984 Francois moved to New York City. Ten years later, he introduced his namesake cosmetics brand through a line of twelve lipsticks sold at Barneys. The success of those first lipsticks inspired Francois to create a complete line of products for women who wanted to embrace his idea of unique beauty. The brand became a cult favorite, synonymous with modern luxury and high style.
Francois produced the first NARS advertising campaign in 1996 to help expand the brand. His natural affinity for the arts blossomed into a love of photography. He continues to shoot all of the NARS campaigns to this day.
NARS the Brand
NARS offers a full line of makeup, skincare, and tools. The company's focus is on breaking beauty boundaries while staying on the cutting edge of makeup design. The cosmetics line is complete with both classic and trend-based products intended to help women express their beauty.
Wishing all aspects of their products to fully embody the company's philosophy, they recruited designer Fabien Baron to create distinct packaging that would give NARS cosmetics a chic, modern look with a unique feel. The result was a sleek black and white look with a soft, velvety texture that is now intimately linked to the brand's identity.