Try out a mineral makeup application technique to have your face looking flawless and fabulous. There are various ways to apply mineral makeup so choose the one that is best for you.
The Mineral Makeup Application Technique
Mineral makeup application technique means cleansing your face and using a moisturizer. Do this at least 10 minutes before applying. A face that is too oily will not hold the makeup. If your face is too dry then the makeup will cake. Be sure that your moisturizer is fully absorbed before you apply your minerals.
One of the most important tools to use when applying mineral makeup is the brush. Using the wrong type of brush can make a difference in your application. Try a Kabuki brush that is soft and of a good quality. This type of brush will allow you to apply the minerals lightly to get a natural appearance.
To apply mineral makeup with a Kabuki brush, follow these simple steps:
- If using minerals in a shaker style jar or bottle, place the brush against the holes in the top of the bottle and turn the bottle over to get minerals on the brush.
- You can also shake out minerals in the lid of the jar or bottle and swirl the brush lightly into the minerals.
- Next, tap the end of the brush against your hand or lid to embed the minerals into the brush.
- You are now ready to apply the minerals to your face. Start at your hairline and swirl the minerals onto your face. Use a downward motion toward your cheeks and nose.
- Start with a light amount of mineral makeup and add more as needed.
- To finish, go over your face lightly with the brush to remove any excess makeup.
Other techniques to try out:
- Maybe you want to use your mineral makeup as a liquid not a powder. To do this simply add a few drops of water to the minerals and blend until you reach your desired consistency. Then apply with a sponge applicator just as you would with liquid foundation.
- Are you concerned with blemishes? Mineral makeup can be used as a concealer as well. Apply a small amount of the makeup to the blemish using a concealer brush and blend well.
- After applying your mineral makeup, mist your face with water or a mister to set your foundation and keep it from drying out. This will set your makeup.
Applying Eye Shadow and Blush
Not only will you find mineral foundation but mineral eye shadows and blushes as well. Try out different ones until you find what works best for you.
Mineral Eye Shadow Application
To apply mineral eye shadow:
- Swirl your shadow brush into the color you are about to apply and gently begin dabbing over your lid.
- Use a little amount and add more as needed.
- To create a bolder looking eye, moisten your brush first then apply the minerals. This will create a foil-like appearance.
- Be sure to wipe your brush each time you apply so you don't apply to much at one time.
- For a fun twist, mix different minerals together in your hand or in a lid to create a color combination all of your own.
- Once you have on the minerals, using your shadow brush buff in small circles to blend the shadows.
- You can wet the shadow and use a liner brush to line your eyes with minerals.
- Finish your look with your favorite mascara.
Applying Mineral Blush
Applying mineral blush can be tricky. Be sure that you have on your foundation first or have primed your skin with moisturizer. If you try to apply the blush on dry skin it will look powdery and caked. To apply mineral blush:
- Tap a small amount of powder blush into the lid of the product.
- Swirl your blush brush into to the blush and shake off any excess.
- Next, apply the blush to your cheeks. Begin at the apples of your cheeks and blend outward for best results.
- You want to be sure that the blush is well blended into your skin so it is not just sitting on top. Mineral blush can look very natural when applied properly.
- After you are pleased with your blush results, apply a light dusting of powder to set it in place. Mineral blush should last all day and not need to be reapplied.
Brands of Mineral Makeup
There are different brands of mineral makeup on the market. Some may work better than others so experiment to find the one that works best for you. You may wish to purchase two different colors to mix and create a shade that matches your skin perfectly. Many mineral makeups are a loose powder while others come as pressed in a compact. Some brands to try:
Mineral makeup can create a flawless look if you know how to apply it properly. Keep experimenting with different shades and brands to get the perfect color match and practice your makeup techniques to perfect your mineral makeup application.