Jane Iredale's cosmetics line - called simply jane iredale - has been making clients more beautiful and improving their skin's appearance for years. This celebrated makeup designer's innovative brand includes a full range of mineral makeup for face and body, eyes, cheeks and lips, along with makeup kits and cosmetic tools to help make looking beautiful fast and easy.
Benefits of jane iredale Makeup
All jane iredale products are subjected to rigorous product testing to ensure their safety and efficacy. Dr. Randy Rudderman, a Board Certified plastic surgeon, recommends this makeup brand, stating that it is a "healthier natural choice for makeup" and that "it performs better" than other brands.
Reasons that jane iredale products are considered a healthier choice include:
- They do not contain dyes, preservatives, or synthetic fragrances, which can irritate skin or cause allergic reactions.
- They do not contain potentially toxic ingredients like parabens or talc, so you don't have to worry about exposing sensitive skin to toxins.
- They contain ingredients with natural anti-inflammatory properties like zinc oxide and titanium, which soothe the skin.
- They include ingredients that can shield skin from airborne toxins while continuing to allow skin to breathe normally
Additional benefits of this brand include:
- The minerals used in jane irondale cosmetics are micro-pulverized, which means you are applying tiny, flat crystals for a softer, more natural look.
- The products are non-comedogenic, which means that they allow your skin to breathe to keep you from experiencing clogged pores.
- They are also free from animal testing, as certified by the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics
Products in the Spotlight
While all Jane Iredale products are spotlight-worthy, as attested to by their popularity with celebrities like Helen Mirren, Rihanna and Dannii Minogue, a number of products received special accolades during 2014.
Smell the Roses Hydration Spray
Smell the Roses Hydration Spray was featured in the October 2014 issue of People's Style Watch column, in the charitable fashion and beauty section. This product is a refreshing skin tonic designed to keep your face glow while also looking dewy and fresh. It cleanses gently without stripping away the natural, protective oils and leaves your skin feeling refreshed. While it's suitable for all skin types, it is recommended for those with dry or sensitive skin. It retails for around $30 and is gluten-free and vegan.
Smooth Affair® Facial Primer & Brightener
When you apply Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener first, your makeup will glide on easily and last much longer. An allure Best of Beauty Award winner for 2014, this product also makes your pores look smaller and your skin look brighter for an uplifted and radiant appearance. It works so well that it was deemed a "must-have primer" in the September 2014 issue of Harper's Bazaar. At around $50, it's a worthwhile addition to your makeup kit, and it is vegan and gluten-free.
Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner in Green
Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner in Green lets you create the perfect exotic kohl, cat eye, or smoky eye look every time with this creamy eyeliner gel that is gluten-free and vegan. It retails for around $28 and comes in four vibrant colors.
Create a smoky eye look that's as professionally done as one by a makeup artist with the help of this highly acclaimed smudging brush. In Fall/Winter 2014 NewBeauty, the jane iredale Smudge Brush was highlighted in "The Ultimate Makeup Brush Guide" for its accuracy in applying and expertly smudging eye makeup. At around $15, it's a must-have essential for your cosmetic tool kit. Cosmetic brushes range from around $8 for a Deluxe Spoolie Brush for applying mascara to approximately $290 for a professional brush set. This item is gluten-free and vegan.
In Touch Cream Blush
In Touch Cream Blush was one of the cosmetics chosen to create Lauren Conrad's cover girl look for the September 2014 issue of People Style Watch. Just like Conrad, you can look gorgeous and sport a natural-looking glow with this creamy blush. Use this velvety cream to powder blush before or after you apply your other mineral makeup. For best results coordinate blush color with lip and nail color for a harmonized look. Choose from four colors for around $27. This item is wheat-free but is not vegan because some options contain beeswax while others contain beeswax and carmine.
Where to Buy
Shop for jane iredale products on the company website, use the store locator to find a retailer in your area, or shop with an authorized merchant. No matter which option you choose, once you try these products, you'll be glad you did.
Retail options include:
- Nordstrom: Nordstrom carries a varied selection of jane iredale products ranging from makeup application aids such as brushes and cosmetic sponges to cosmetics such as foundations, blushers and eye shadows and even self-tanning products. Prices range from around $25 to $100 and the website has a special search filter that allows you to look for product availability in a store near your zip code. Advantages of shopping online with Nordstrom include free shipping with no minimum order requirements and a hassle-free return and exchange policy. Return unwanted products to the closest store or by mail.
- LovelySkin: LovelySkin carries the full line of jane iredale products in price points from as low as $3 to as high as $115. Most products are in the mid-range of $10 to $40. Benefits of shopping here include free standard shipping on all orders, free samples with every purchase, and free Silver Status membership in the Reward Points Program. Reward certificates are mailed quarterly and are based on accrued points. LovelySkin has a 30-day return policy.
- Dermstore®: You'll find a complete line of body, skin care, and cosmetic products from the jane iredale lineup when you shop at Dermstore. Customer perks include a free gift with your purchase of $100 of jane iredale products, free standard shipping, and free samples with all orders. Dermstore offers a 30-day money back guarantee.
The Person Behind the Brand
In 1994, Jane Iredale founded her cosmetics company, Iredale Mineral Cosmetics, Ltd., and offered the first full line of mineral-based cosmetics. The former casting director for film and television learned from the best professional makeup artists in the industry. She quickly deduced the key to successful makeup application is to enhance the subject's natural beauty.
Her signature formulation focuses on enhancing radiance with allergen-free ingredients capable of being tolerated by even sensitive skin. Introducing the first product line on the market that brought benefits to the skin gave her a great platform with those in both the entertainment and medical industries, with physicians and plastic surgeons looking for a line to recommend to their patients quickly picking up her products.
She lectures worldwide on the positive attributes of mineral makeup, and her items are carried by salons and spas domestically as well as overseas. Visitors to her personal blog find expert tips and advice from Iredale herself. Covering a broad range of specialized cosmetics topics as well as other important issues such as breast health, Iredale helps individual consumers to find the best look for them.