The Twilight saga has captured the imagination of an entire generation. If you're intrigued by Bella Swan's delicate good looks, find out how to recreate her style using the right cosmetics and techniques. It's simpler than you may think!
Capturing Bella Swan's Look
Bell Swan is the typical girl next door with a fresh-faced and earthy appeal. Her natural and sexy look is easy to create and maintain, so it's perfect for the gal who wants to try out makeup for the first time or simply streamline her makeup routine.
To get Bella's innocent and demure makeup style, You'll need the following makeup essentials:
- Rose water or skin hydrating mist
- Complexion cream or moisturizer with SPF protection
- Loose translucent powder
- Light brown eyeliner pencil
- Eyelash curler
- Petroleum jelly
- Dark brown or black mascara
- Cheek stain in berry or peach
- Lip stain or dark red lip gloss
Bella is blessed with a pure and flawless teen complexion, so unless your face is impeccable, you'll want to start creating your Bella Swan look by perfecting your skin. Use daily cleanser suited for your facial needs, and follow each cleansing by applying a quenching moisturizer. If you're skin has plenty of hydration yet lacks a luminescence, you'll want to incorporate a once weekly exfoliating beauty treatment into your routine to remove dead skin while buffering the complexion.
Now for the foundation.
- Prior to any makeup application, make sure your skin is cleansed and toned.
- Apply a light mist of rose water or hydrating mist.
- Immediately follow with a nourishing moisturizer or facial cream to create a dewy and healthy glow.
- If needed, apply a light application of under eye concealer.
- Follow with a light dusting of translucent powder.
If you need a bit more coverage for flaws or blemishes, try a mineral-based foundation; the look and feel of mineral makeup is typically lighter than liquid or cream foundations. Apply with a large brush or puff designed for mineral makeup application, moving in downward circular motions.
Bella wears a very minimal makeup palette that includes neutral, barely-there hues. When you're creating a Bella Swan palette, you'll want to choose earthy shades such as champagne, mushroom and taupe eye shadows
- Curl your eyelashes and lightly rim the outer corner of eyes with a light brown pencil to help widen and open the eye area.
- Apply a light sand or taupe shadow with a subtle gleam from the base of the eyelid extending to the brow.
- For a healthy sheen, apply a light tap of petroleum jelly on the brow bone.
- Finish enhancing the eye area with several coats of dark brown or black mascara.
There's no need to spend time blending several shades of blush to capture Bella's simple look. A powder blush will work fine, but bear in mind that a cream or tinted gel will add more moisture to the skin, and promote even more of that youthful glow you're after.
- Apply blush in a ripened peach or rosy hue to the apples of your cheeks.
- If you opt for the cream or gel blush, blend it swiftly to avoid tell-tale lines.
- Once application is compete, sweep on a light luminescent highlighter for an ethereal effect.
For Bella's just-bitten lips, opt for a light vampy lip stain. Lip stains work by gently tinting the lip to a rosy hue. Stains have a matte look and feel, and they often last longer than lipstick. If you find lip stains too drying, you can still create Bella's lips by applying a shiny, blood-stained gloss such as Illamasqua's Succubus or Lipstick Queen's Medieval.
To apply the stain:
- Exfoliate your lips by adding a couple drops of water to a tablespoon of sugar. Rub the mix on your lips in a circular motion, and then rinse.
- Apply a thin layer of lipbalm to your lips to help keep them moist.
- Apply the lip stain, and then let it dry.
It might be fun to spice up Bella's makeup routine with a bit of ethereal glow. Highlighting creams and powders work wonderfully to enhance the subtle sheen in a youthful complexion. The key to wearing sparkle that doesn't border on glitter is to search for a product that adds a subtle sheen to your skin. Apply the product on the apples of the cheeks and blend quickly to avoid clumpy application.
Make This Look Yours
Once you've mastered Bella's look, feel free to make it yours by enhancing this basic makeup routine. You can kick this look up a notch by opting for a black liquid eyeliner for evening wear, or line your lips with a rosy pencil to help define and create a fuller pout.