Before you put on your black wings and don your dark tresses, apply your dark angel makeup.
About Dark Angel Makeup
When the average person hears the word "angel" she may of think of figures in white that play harps and wear gold sandals. A dark or fallen angel is none of those things. This playful character is less than typically angelic and can be demure and dangerous or even gothic looking. James Cameron produced a movie, then a series, called "Dark Angel." A pouty-lipped Jessica Alba played the lead character. However you were inspired, a dark angel costume will be fun to wear at any Halloween or costume party. Dark angel makeup should be sultry, bronze and smoky looking.
When applying your dark angel makeup, think the opposite of traditional angels, which have light, innocent makeup.
- Cleanse and moisturize your skin. Never try a new skin care product before a social event. You do not want to experience a product allergy when you are trying to look your best.
- Dab concealer on blemishes and use a yellow concealer to cover dark circles around the eyes. Do not worry about blending the concealer since it will be covered by your foundation makeup. Allow your concealer to dry one minute before moving on.
- Stroke mineral powder foundation all over your face and neck using a kabuki brush. Mineral powder will give your skin a soft, velvety finish. Your face will look touchable and earthy with mineral makeup. Use makeup that matches your skin's natural tones.
- Apply bronzing powder to your face and neck. Sweep it on with a bronzing brush starting at the forehead and working down. Touch your forehead, chin and the bridge of your nose with the brush. Blend the bronzer into your neck and also into the bosom area if you are wearing a low neckline.
- Brush your eyebrows up and shape them with a brow liner. There should be a pretty arch in the center of the eyebrows. Do not tweeze your eyebrows the night of the party. Do any hair removal necessary a few days before you plan on applying your makeup.
- Apply a light gray eyeshadow under the brow bone. Use an eyeshadow brush to apply the makeup.
- Sweep on a midtone gray eyeshadow with your brush, making an arc in the eye crease.
- Dip an angled eyeshadow brush into a deep black eyeshadow. Use this color to accent the outer crease of your eye. Blend all three colors in smoothly with a soft brush.
- Apply fake eyelashes to your eyes by dotting glue on the base of the fake lashes. Press the fake lashes on to your skin, not your lashes. Move them into place and let them dry.
- Line your lips with a nude lip color. Fill in the lips with a dark burgundy lip stain.
Dark Angel Tips
When wearing your dark angel look, get into your broody character as much as possible. Avoid smiling a lot by giving dark and soulful looks. Accent a cool black winged outfit with some red high heels or a red choker. These tips will help you to get into character and set the right mood for your look.
Take your angelic look to another level with the right makeup application and attitude.