Professional Makeup Tips
Navigating the world of cosmetics isn't always easy. From knowing which products work best to flawless application techniques, makeup professionals have the knowledge to help you. Find expert advice and insider tips from interviews with makeup artists and other beauty gurus.
How Expert Makeup Advice Can Help you
Whether you are a teen just starting out with makeup, a seasoned cosmetics using wanting to try something new, or a senior wondering what makeup works best for your skin, there is plenty of expert advice to help. Professional knowledge can help you:
- Discover which makeup colors work best for your skin tone
- Learn what products are best for your skin type and any concerns, from acne to aging
- Understand more about special makeup techniques, like permanent cosmetics
- Discover new trends and seasonal looks, like summer or spring makeup
- Learn proper application tips for everyday makeup
- Gain insight into specialty makeup application types, like face painting
- What looks are best for special occasions, such as weddings
- Find out what dermatologists recommend for your skin
Basic Makeup Tips and Tricks
There are lots of simple expert makeup tips that beauty professionals use on themselves and on their clients.
Choose the Right Products
While many beauty pros use a wide variety of products, there are some top brands that well known and loved because of their excellent coverage, color, or quality. These include brands such as MAC, Sephora, Bobbi Brown, Nars, Laura Geller, and Dior, among others. This isn't to say that there aren't some drug store brand stars out there, but makeup experts suggest that top products and professional kits can be worth the cost.
Use the Right Tools
Applying makeup without the right tools is not only a hassle, but won't have the beautiful finished result you want. Tools like beauty sponges or blenders, eyelash curlers, and brushes to apply eyeshadows, blush, and powder are all important to have to create the perfect pro application.
Get the Correct Makeup Shades
It can be tricky to get the right makeup shades, but having the correct foundation makeup and concealer will be the basis of your look. Look at the inside of your wrist to try to match it to the best shades. You may have to mix more than one to get the perfect color. Look at your skin tone, hair, and eye color to determine if your skin tone is warm or cool. This will help you choose makeup colors that complement rather than detract from your features.
Don't Be Afraid to Experiment
While it's important to find good colors for your skin tone, most beauty experts don't shy away from having fun with different makeup looks and pushing the envelope. Don't be afraid to try an unusual eye shadow color, or brand out into a new application technique for a bolder look than you normally wear.
Advanced Makeup Tips
Once you've mastered the art of basic makeup techniques, the knowledge of makeup professionals can help you branch out to more advanced techniques, such as:
- Contour your face to give it a more sculpted look.
- Create more intricate eye looks for special occasions, like smokey eyes or winged liner.
- Use highlighter products to give your face a beautiful glow.
- Line the inside of the top lash line to help lashes appear thicker.
- Prep your face with moisturizer and makeup primer. Use a setting spray after applying makeup when you really need it to last.
- Shape and define brows for a classic, glam, or dramatic look.
- Apply a dark, light, and then highlighter shade of blush to create the effect of high cheekbones.
Conceal scars with a lighter foundation shade.
Go Inside the Beauty World
Another aspect you can gain from the inside knowledge of makeup professionals is more about the industry works. If you are considering a career in the beauty industry, you can learn how much makeup artists make. Learn where you can take MAC makeup classes, or see before and after pics from pros. You can also learn more about professionals themselves, like how they got their start and what their beauty philosophies are.
Professional Cosmetic Advice for a Beautiful You
No matter who you are or what your makeup needs are, getting expert advice and reading interviews with makeup artists and beauty professionals can help you make the most of your natural beauty. Let your inner beauty shine and gain confidence from looking and feeling your best!