Makeup Pictures and Slideshows
Never underestimate the power of an image. This can be especially true if you're looking for help on how to apply your makeup.
Why Makeup Pictures Are So Useful
Whether you're just learning how to use cosmetics or you're searching for a way to achieve a certain look, studying images of different makeup styles can help you create the effect you want. Pictorials can offer step-by-step instructions, but even a single image can provide clues on how to play up your best assets or go for a complete makeover.
- Basic makeup: Every woman needs to learn how to choose the right colors to enhance her skin tone, as well as her eye and hair colors. It's one thing to tell her how to do this, but adding pictures to illustrate that advice ties all that info together in a more meaningful way.
- Cosmetics tips: Look at how the professionals apply makeup and use those tips to step up your game.
- Makeup styles: Do you love makeup styles from past eras like the 1980s? Maybe the Gothic look intrigues you. Look at slideshows filled with examples of different styles and try these looks on for yourself.
- Makeup for special occasions: There are certain times throughout every woman's life when she wants to look her most beautiful. As teen it may be her first homecoming dance or prom. Later on, it's her wedding day. Images can provide wonderful examples of how to apply makeup for these special occasions.
- Recreate celebrity looks: Have you ever looked at beautiful celebrities like Britney Spears or Megan Fox and wished you could do your makeup like theirs? If you don't have the funds to hire a professional makeup artist, take a good look at their pictures and experiment with your own makeup until you achieve a similar look. It may take some time to get it just right, but it can be done.
- Learn what not to do: Sometimes an image can work in reverse and show you how to avoid a cosmetics disaster. When you consider how embarrassing a bad makeup job can be, it's certainly worth it to spend time studying pictures and learning about common mistakes some women make so you can avoid them yourself.
Images Bring the Information to Life
Applying cosmetics is an incredibly visual art, and it's just about impossible to do the topic justice without having great images to go along with terrific tips. Take some time to browse through the galleries and slideshows presented here to find a look you love so you can make it your own.