Bridal contract makeup is important to remember when planning your big day. Here are a few tips about contracts and what you need to know before you sign on the dotted line.
Typical Bridal Contracts
On your wedding day you want everything to be perfect. Hair, manicures and makeup will likely be done by a professional to give you the best results. To protect the stylist and you as a consumer, it is common practice to have a contract.
Bridal contract makeup is included in your contract as well as various other things that may include:
- Hair style
Other things that you need to pay close attention to in your contract include:
- Refund or cancellation policy
- Payment plans
- Tax and gratuities
- Dates and times of consultations and trial appointments as well as that of your big event
- Location for the wedding and for trial appointments
Be sure that everything is lined out in your contract before signing. Ask if you can take it home to read carefully and if anything is unclear, resolve it before giving it your signature. Your wedding day is not the day for surprises. When every detail is worked out ahead of time you will feel more at ease during the normal chaos of wedding planning.
Bridal Contract Makeup
You will want your bridal contract makeup to be flattering and natural looking. A professional makeup artist will consider the type of makeup that will look best for photographs, as well as the setting of your wedding. An outdoor wedding will require different techniques than an evening wedding that is held indoors. Similarly, black and white photographs require different makeup techniques than color photos.
Your trial appointment may be included in your total price or there may be an additional fee. Be sure that you are clear about this before you arrive for your appointment. You want to be sure that you keep this appointment, so you can be sure that the professional that you hire has the same taste as you do in makeup. Some professionals will even give you a makeup lesson, for a fee, so you can learn the newest techniques for looking your best.
Here are some tips for the perfect bridal makeup:
- Keep your look natural. You want to enhance your features and look like yourself on your wedding day. This is not the time to experiment with extreme application techniques or colors.
- Consider airbrush makeup. This technique will give you a light foundation that provides flawless coverage for a beautiful appearance. This is a great way to achieve flawless looking skin for photographs and is also a popular way to cover tattoos that you may not want to draw attention to on your big day.
- Avoid bright, overly dramatic makeup. Try neutral colors instead.
- Choose waterproof mascara.
- Choose a foundation according to your skin type. Try one that is waterproof so it will last all day.
- Select a long lasting lip color that isn't too dark.
- Bring your wedding veil to your appointment for hair or makeup. That terrific look may not work once you put on a veil or head piece.
- Have the right lighting. If you are planning an outdoor wedding, for example, you will want to see how your makeup will look in natural lighting. If you don't make sure before hand, you may be in for an unwelcomed surprise.
Try Before You Buy
Try to schedule your consultation well in advance of your wedding date. This will give you time to try different techniques, so you can determine the look that is most flattering to you.
This is also a good time to start a good skin care routine. In addition, you should schedule a hair cut and color at least two weeks before the big event.
Again, avoid any dramatic changes like going from blonde to brunette! Dramatic changes may not look as good as you had hoped and there won't be enough time for you to get your former look back. Weddings can be stressful; don't add more stress than necessary. If you have followed the tips in this article, you can eliminate the stress of bridal contract makeup.