Many women love Angelina Jolie's beauty and want to emulate her makeup style. She manages to court the line between au natural and glamorous no matter what the occasion. Those big, expressive eyes and the voluptuous lips contribute to her overall good looks, but any woman can copy her style with a few tricks.
Angelina Jolie's eyes don't always look all that made up. If you look closely, though, you'll generally see expertly applied liner and shadows in colors that blend into her skin.
Get the Look
- Begin with a base. Urban Decay Primer Potion is an excellent choice.
- Choose an eye shadow shade that matches your skin tone but offers just a touch of shimmer. Sweep that on from your lashes to your brow.
- Take a slightly darker shade to apply in your crease with a tapered shadow brush. If you have deep-set eyes, pull the color out of the crease and up slightly so that it shows when your eyes are open.
- Use a technique called tight-lining to get the look of lush lashes and a natural appearance. Line the inner rims of your lashes rather than simply above and below the lashes. Use a pencil, gel or cake liner. For a tutorial, visit Makeup For Life. Use the same technique at the top of the lash line, too.
- Finish up with some mascara of your choice and, if you like, false lashes.
Jolie usually doesn't go for boldly colored lips; opting for a nude look instead. Not surprisingly, when girls go in pursuit of the perfect nude, they refer to Angelina's mouth. Her lips look gorgeous and seductive. Score your own Brad with come-hither lips in your own perfect nude shade.
MAC Cosmetics makes a crowd-pleasing shade called Blankety; it has a creamy finish and not too much of any undertone. Nudes often have a tendency to turn pink, peach or look too gray. Other good ones to try: Clinique Long Last Soft Shine Lipstick in Glow Bronze or MAC Kinda Sexy.
If you're still not having much luck toning down the undertones, try applying foundation or a light concealer to your lips prior to lipstick application.
One of the most perfect things about Angelina's look is her bone structure. The good news is, if you don't have it, you can fake it with contouring.
Get the Look
- Use a bronzer right below your cheekbones, on your temples, at your hairline and under your chin. It's easiest to apply with an angled blush brush. Remember to add the color slowly and blend well (blending downward) to avoid harsh lines.
- Make your features pop further with a natural flush of color on your cheeks. Try Cover Girl Classic Color Blush in Natural Glow on the apples of your cheeks, along the bridge of your nose and in the middle of your forehead.
- Choose something matte or satin in finish for the foundation. You don't want to look too "done" or too dewy. Angelina Jolie always looks fresh-faced, so mineral makeup is a good route to try. If you're not a fan of those, try Estee Lauder Double Wear, Revlon Colorstay or Maybelline Superstay Silky Foundation.
More Tricks to Look Like Angeline Jolie
If you're looking for even more Angelina Jolie makeup tricks, you're in luck. Makeup411.com has two beauty breakdowns featuring Jolie's looks in Taking Lives and Tomb Raider 2.
Remember, to look like Angelina Jolie, makeup tricks to keep in mind include:
- Keep it simple.
- Play up the eyes and keep everything else understated.
- Learn the basics of contouring.
Practice Makes Perfect
Remember that these makeup tricks can take a while to perfect. Angelina has the benefit of several makeup artists at her disposal, so don't expect to get the look right the first time you try. With a little effort, however, you can master the fresh-faced look is perfect for practically any occasion.