Getting dressed up can be a lot of fun, especially if you have a themed party, special event, or Halloween get-together to attend. One great costume idea for your next night out is Minnie Mouse. This Disney-inspired look has everything you need to turn heads. The makeup is simple, sweet, and provides the perfect touch of glamour.
What You Will Need
Becoming a beloved cartoon character is a magical experience (even if it is just for a night). Minnie Mouse allows you to stand out from your fellow partygoers and tap into your creative side. To put together an unforgettable look, you will need the following products:
- Face products: moisturizer, primer, foundation, concealer, and bronzer
- Brow essentials: eyebrow pencil and powder
- Eyeshadow: medium brown, red, grey, black, and white. Optional: red glitter
- Eyeliner: black and white pencil liner and black liquid liner
- Eyelashes: mascara, false lashes, and eyelash glue
- Blush: peach toned
- Lip products: lip liner and red lipstick
How to Create a Minnie Mouse Look
Once you have everything you need for Disney makeup, it is time to get started. These steps will transform you into the iconic cartoon character.
Start by moisturizing and priming your face. Once the moisturizer has settled into the skin, apply the best foundation for your skin type using a small stipple brush or beauty blender. Use concealer to cover up redness and blemishes. (It can also be used for additional coverage in problem areas.) Blend with a concealer brush.
Bronzer is a great way to contour your face. Apply a small amount of product down the sides of your nose, around the forehead, and underneath the cheekbones. This step adds definition and shape.
Eyebrows are more important than ever these days. They remain one of the biggest trends, making it possible to find brow pencils, powders, and tinted gels at both drugstores and high-end beauty counters. Use a pencil to create fullness or to alter the shape. Then dust a powder over top (it should be a shade or two lighter than your natural color) to set it. Remember, it is okay to exaggerate your brow shape since this is a cartoon-inspired look.
Add Minnie Eye Makeup
Your eye makeup should be bold and fun. To get started:
1. Use a fluffy brush and work a medium brown eyeshadow into the crease. This will act as your transition shade, which softens the look and adds warmth. Pack red shadow directly onto the eyelid using a flat brush. Then take gray and add it to the crease. Highlight underneath the brow bone with a matte white or cream shadow. To intensify this look, add black eyeshadow to the crease and along the lower lash line.
2. You can stop there or take this Minnie Mouse makeup to another level. Simply add red glitter to the center of the eyes. This will give them that extra pop! To apply loose glitter, add on an adhesive and carefully pat on the product.
3. Use black pencil liner to define the lower lash line. Then use black liquid liner on the upper lash line, creating a small wing on each side. Let the eyeliner dry completely before you continue.
4. Add on a coat of mascara. Then apply eyelash adhesive to your false lashes. (Minnie is known for her long eyelashes, so choose a pair that is full, flirty, and offer lots of length.) Wait twenty to thirty seconds for the glue to become tacky and carefully place it on your lash line. If you are struggling with this step, watch a YouTube tutorial and try again.
Cheeks and Nose
To play up the cheeks for this look, take a fluffy brush and apply a peach toned blush to the apples of the cheeks.
To create that oh-so-cute mouse nose, grab black and white eyeliner. Use the darker shade to draw a circle on the end of your nose. Color it in, leaving room for the white liner. (This will act as the highlight on Minnie Mouse's nose.) Set it with black eyeshadow and fill in the blank space with that white eyeliner.
Create Red Cartoon Lips
Dab concealer on your lips and blend out with a beauty blender. Then use red lip liner to draw round cartoon lips. (The shape should resemble a rounded heart.) This can be as subtle or over the top as you like. Start small and add to it until you are satisfied with the end result. Finish by applying a bright red lipstick.
Make It Your Own
This Minnie Mouse makeup look is almost complete. Before you head out to your exciting event, focus on the finishing touches. This is the perfect time to put your own spin on this cartoon creation. Add more black eyeshadow for a bit of dramatic flair, go heavier on the blush, layer on an extra coat of mascara, get playful with your hairstyle, or put on a Minnie-inspired bow. You can even throw on a pair of Disney ears. Another option is to tone it down by skipping the red glitter and drawn on nose. Decide what you like and go from there.
Show Off Your Disney Inspired Style
This Minnie Mouse look is a great choice for Halloween, a themed event, or costume party. With the right products and this step-by-step guide, you will be Magic Kingdom ready in no time.