Check out the advice from our Image Consultant, Dana, regarding small eye makeup tips.
How to Make Small Eyes Appear Larger
I have a large face with small eyes which are close together. Can you help me with the best technique to apply eye makeup that will make my eyes look larger and less narrow set, please? I am a redhead with fair skin.
- You should start by concentrating on your brows. Shape them so they don't have the close-together appearance.
- Next, use a soft red-brown brow pencil or a taupe powder brow liner - don't make the mistake of going too dark with your brow color, as this looks very unnatural and will make your skin look paler.
- Use eye shadow on the upper outer half of the lid extending above the eye and under the brow.
- To offset the closeness of the eyes, start drawing the eye line on the upper lid away from the inner corner. Draw it up and out. Similarly, the lower line should not begin from the inner corner.
- For your coloring, try a pale champagne for the entire lid and medium brown, kaki or plum for the crease and corner. Use brown/black eyeliner to define your eyes and smudge lightly. Finish with black mascara, making sure to use an eyelash curler first.