Modern vampire makeup is attractive and makes the wearer look like a sexy undead creature from the other world.
Modern Vampire Makeup Inspired by the Big Screen
The days of identifying vampires by their grease-paint covered faces and hunchbacks are over. The creepy, yet decrepit Bela Lugosi no longer reigns as the ideal vampire image. With modern day movie and television hits like "True Blood" and "Twilight," vampires have taken on a new, more sophisticated, look. While there are still fangs a plenty, the modern vampire appears as a sensual blood-loving creature rather than a half-corpse, half-zombie combination. To get the perfect modern vampire makeup, go for a pale, but not overly pale, complexion. Add glittering eyes and a kissable mouth.
Applying Vampire Makeup
Vampire makeup applications are a lot like regular makeup applications minus the cheek color and bronzer. Men and women should focus on making eyes and lips equal focal points, carefully avoiding overplaying one or the other. Start with these makeup applications for male and female vampires.
- Start with clean, moisturized skin. Men should shave before applying makeup.
- Apply concealer to any blemishes by dabbing the makeup on your finger then the bump. Rub it in.
- Use a powder brush to apply light-colored translucent powder over your entire face and neck.
- Brush your eyebrows upward and outward. Trim any strays and shape the brows if you need to with a brow liner. Brows for men should be neat but full. Women can wear their brows full or thin.
- Apply black eyeliner to the eyes for a dark, sultry look. Men should wear liner and mascara. Women should wear eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadow.
- Apply eyeliner starting at the outer corner of the eye and drawing a line to the inner corner of the eye.
- Draw underneath the lashes of the bottom lid to about halfway across the eye rim, just under the pupil. Making a full line across the bottom of the eye will make your eyes look small.
- Apply an ethereal silver, shiny black or ultraviolet blue to the eyelids. Women should cover the entire lid by adding a touch of highlighter below the brow bone.
- Apply 4 or more coats of mascara allowing each coat to dry before applying the next. Wear fake eyelashes if your natural lashes are skimpy or thin.
- Draw on your lips using a neutral lip liner. Modern vampires do not have blood soaked lips. Get a stained look without making your lips look overtly bloody. Do this by using a matte lipstick, in red and applying it with a lip brush.
Vampire Makeup Kits
Sometimes it is difficult to find the right cosmetics to get the look you have envisioned. Buy a prepackaged vampire makeup kit and have everything you need to transform yourself into a luminous, glittering vampire.
Mehron is a special effects company that professionals use for products and advice on costume and stage makeup. Try their Modern Vampire Kit complete with downloadable instructions. The kit includes foundation makeup, face makeup and vampire teeth. The price of the kit is $39.95 plus shipping and handling.
Costume Holiday House
Costume Holiday House offers a Modern Vampire Mini Pro Kit for a vampire look that is not too over the top. This kit includes step by step directions as well as creamy makeup, rouge, eye pencil, teeth and even remover. The entire kit costs $29.95 plus the cost of shipping.
Modern vampire makeup should allow you to "blend in" with the rest of humanity but still give potential victims a clue that you are a bloodsucker. Apply today's vampire makeup with a light hand to recreate this sensual, deadly creature.