Want to get that natural Halle Berry makeup look that's glamorous without being too much? We'll give you some pointers on how to apply your makeup that will help you get that nearly natural beauty, for all complexions.
Halle Berry's Usual Look
Halle started out winning beauty pageants, so she knows makeup. Throughout her career, she's usually seen wearing cosmetics that are light and natural. You rarely see her in a deep red lipstick; she seems to prefer softer shades close to her natural lip color or with a clear, glossy sheen. She wears makeup that enhances her beauty without overpowering it.
It doesn't hurt being a face for Revlon. If you want, you can always shop this longtime brand and choose the same colors she uses, if your complexion is comparable to hers. Some of her favorite Revlon picks include:
- Super Lustrous Lipstick
- ColorStay Foundation
- Lash Fantasy Mascara
For that Halle Berry makeup look that's sure to turn heads, try the following suggestions.
How to Get the Halle Berry Makeup Look
Any woman who's ever tried to get that natural look knows that it still requires makeup. Depending on your particular complexion, you might not need foundation. Or if your eyebrows are already in an attractive shape, you can skip the eyebrow pencil. For a basic Halle Berry look, you'll need:
- Lightweight foundation
- Loose powder
- Eyebrow pencil
- Blush in soft pink or peach
- Eyeshadow with iridescent qualities
- Black or brown eyeliner
- Eyelash curler
- Black mascara
- Pale lipcolor relative to your skin tone
One thing that's very obvious about Halle Berry is her amazingly clear complexion. If you're blessed with clear skin, you won't need a lot, if any, foundation. It's worth taking care of your skin with a dedicated regimen to get it in great shape so that you don't need as much makeup.
Steps to Follow
- Apply a lightweight foundation (preferably a liquid) all over your face. This shade should match your skin tone exactly.
- Place concealer beneath eyes if you need to hide undereye circles. Apply it with your pinky finger because the skin around your eyes is delicate and your little finger is less likely to pull on thin skin.
- Brush loose powder all over your face with a fluffy, natural bristle brush. However, if you use cream blush, this should go on before loose powder.
- Smile to identify where the apples of your cheeks are and apply blush to them.
- Use a stiff eyebrow brush to brush them upward. If your brows are sparse, color them in with a brown or charcoal pencil.
- Use an eyeshadow brush to apply eyeshadow to your lids. Good colors to try include peach, light gold, cinnamon or deep pink. You can also apply a highlighter shade beneath your eyebrow's arch.
- Apply eyeliner in a thin line on top and bottom of eyelids.
- Curl your lashes and then apply two to three coats of mascara, paying attention to the outer corners. Volumizing or lengthening formulas are great for getting those enviably thick lashes Halle Berry sports.
- Apply lipstick. Good types to try are pearlescent or glossy. Avoid matte lipsticks. If desired, top your lipcolor with clear gloss.
Focus on the Eyes
You should spend the most time accentuating your eyes if you're going for a Halle Berry look. You can experiment with false lashes if you want. Smoky eyes like Halle's don't have to rely on lots of eyeshadow in dark colors. Instead, focus on careful application, a complementary eyeliner and thick lashes.
Natural and Glam
The great thing about Halle Berry's look is that it's suitable for day or night. It's not too heavy for the office, and an extra coat of mascara or more gloss takes it to evening. You can have a natural look that's really glam at the same time!