Whether you're shopping for a new scent for yourself or your lover, Giorgio men's cologne is worth a whiff. Who knew there was more than one Giorgio in the perfume world? Strong, charming, handsome, and alluring, the man who wears Giorgio Armani or Giorgio Beverly Hills scents is sure to command attention.
The Range of Scents: Giorgio Armani
- Aqua Di Gio is a refreshing scent also available in women's fragrance. It's a combination of jasmine, rosemary, hespiradic notes (top); persimmon fruits, marine notes (middle); cedar, patchouli, white musk, rock rose (base).
- Armani is the original, fruity and spicy with notes like tangerine, lemon, basil, lavender, clove, sandalwood, and oakmoss.
- Armani Attitude came out in 2007 and is a woodsy scent recommended for the mature crowd. It has a lemony top note, a lavender and cardamom middle, and finally settles into a warm and comforting cedar, patchouli, and vanilla scent.
- Armani Code is a relatively new fragrance and used to be known as Black Code (renamed in 2005). It's a mix of bergamot, lemon, olive flower, guiac wood, and tonka bean. There's also a women's version available.
- City Glam is another newish scent that came out in 2005. It's another refreshing scent for a man on the go, tieing together notes like mint, pepper, bitter orange, ginger, and galanga.
- Emporio Armani A little older, and a little spicy and exotic, this one was released in 1998 at the same time as the woman's fragrance with a matching name. Top notes are yuzu, sage, and cardamom; the middle note is velvetier; the base notes are cedarwood, guaiacwood, sandalwood, and musk.
- Emporio Armani Night comes in men's and women's fragrances and was released in 2003. It's fruity and spicy, bursting with scents like tangerine, grapefruit, violet, cayenne pepper, cedarwood, myrrh, and patchouli.
- Emporio White Not as spicy as the original Emporio, this one has bergamot, tangerine, lemon, thyme, rosemary, cardamom, and white musk to tickle your nose.
- Mania is a warm, sexy scent with amber and musk at the drydown. Top notes are tangerine leaves and saffron; middle notes are cedar and velvetier.
Giorgio Beverly Hills Scents
Though not as wide in selection as the Armani counterpart, this Giorgio men's cologne has a lot to offer, too.
Giorgio was created in 1984 and is now discontinued. According to Basenotes.net, it was loved and hated equally. Notes included orange, carnation, and cinnamon (top); amber, vanilla, and patchouli (middle); and benzoin, honey, and moss (base). You may still be able to locate a bottle on eBay or by contacting perfume stores online to see if they can hunt one down for you.
Red is a little newer than Giorgio, making its debut in 1991. It's also very different in notes. This one includes cumin, basil, bergamot, and green (top); juniper, geranium, rose, jasmine, and thyme (middle); and cedar, patchouli, oakmoss, amber, and leather (base). It's a very complex-and very manly-scent, recommended for eveningwear.
Wings is newer still, having come about in 1994. It's a mix of lavender and amber, with a hint of refreshing green. Not only is it said to be green, it's also said to be spicy. What a mix.
Why Buy Giorgio Men's Cologne
As for the discontinued Giorgio colognes, it's probably best not to fall in love with them now. If you've already been bitten by the "I can't live without this scent" bug, it's obvious why you should hunt down every bottle you can through retailers and auction sites. If you're looking for a gift for someone special and you know one of these scents is their scent, there's another good reason to hunt down a scent from one of the Giorgios.
However, if you're interested in one of the Giorgio colognes that isn't discontinued, you have an image to develop. Do you want to appear suave, sophisticated, and alluring? Well, that's all the push you need to go to the counter (or even brave Sephora) and find your match.
Find It Online
You can usually find better deals online than going straight to a department store for your fragrances, so check there first for any Giorgio cologne.
Fragrance X has all three of the Giorgio Beverly Hills colognes and a vast selection of Giorgio Armani colognes as well. This is a good place to stop no matter which Giorgio men's cologne you're looking for.
Fragrance Net has all of the Armani colognes mentioned above and all of the Giorgio Beverly Hills scents, as well.
Hayward Enterprises has a selection of designer type oils modeled after men's colognes. It's not the real thing, but it smells darn close!
Base Notes is a good place to get the lowdown on your favorite colognes and order them, too!