Iconic fashion house CHANEL is known the world over as the standard of style and luxury. Since its inception by legendary founder Coco Chanel, the brand has had an enormous cultural impact. It continues to set the tone of the fashion and beauty markets today.
The CHANEL cosmetics line makes a little bit of luxury accessible to everyone. Equally as chic and timeless as their fashions, CHANEL cosmetics products are known for their superior quality and innovative formulas. It all started with their original fragrance, CHANEL No. 5, and has grown into a complete beauty line including skin care, makeup, and a number of other perfumes. Their beauty line is about extravagance and indulgence; it was designed to give women the experience of luxury in their daily routine.
Where to Buy CHANEL Products
- CHANEL: Buy directly from the source. When you shop online at CHANEL, you know that you're getting the full line of products and all the latest creations. They also have several exclusives available only on their site.
- Saks Fifth Avenue: The full line of CHANEL cosmetics products is available at Saks stores and on their website.
- Nordstrom: You can purchase CHANEL skincare, makeup, and fragrances at Nordstrom; they offer free shipping and returns on all web orders.
- Sephora: If you're looking for one of CHANEL's signature fragrances, you'll find it at Sephora. The site offers free shipping on orders over $50.
- Amazon: You'll find an array of CHANEL cosmetics products on Amazon, often at discounted prices.
- Ebay: A great source for bargains or vintage packaging; just be sure to buy only unused products from reliable sellers.
The CHANEL beauty empire was founded on their first perfume-CHANEL No. 5. Their fragrances are still among their bestselling and most popular beauty products. They now make over 10 scents, but their signature creation, No.5, remains the most famous perfume in the world, topping bestseller lists for nearly a century.
- No. 5: This warm, intense floral scent is CHANEL's premiere and most classic fragrance.
- Allure: Available in original Allure and Allure Sensuelle, this clean, sexy scent captures that je ne sais quoi that makes a woman irresistible.
- Coco Madesmoiselle: Inspired by the spirit of young Coco, Coco Mademoiselle is a fresh, oriental scent that is truly a modern classic.
- Chance: A lighter, more delicate scent than other CHANEL fragrances, Chance is targeted at the brand's younger consumers. It's also available as Eau Fraiche and Eau Tendre.
- No. 19: Created for Coco in 1971, No. 19 combines rich, green florals with a subdued woody note.
CHANEL's makeup products are as chic and luxurious as everything bearing the label's trademark logo. They have a full line of cosmetics for the face, eyes, lips, and nails, as well as brushes and tools for their application. Top-rated products include their mascara, lip gloss, and nail polish. Their powder, shadow, and blush compacts are also extremely popular.
- Inimitable Mascara: CHANEL uses its own formula and brush design to ensure the Inimitable Mascara delivers length, curl, volume, and separation in one stroke of application. Their original mascara is also available in Waterproof and Intense.
- Levres Scintillantes Glossimer: A long time bestseller, CHANEL's Levres Scintillantes Glossimer lip gloss features a unique moisturizing formula that ensures comfort and lasting color. It's available in over 30 shades to suit every taste.
- Le Vernis Nail Colour: Available in classic and fashion-forward colors, CHANEL's Le Vernis Nail Colour promises to strengthen nails while delivering chip-resistant, high-shine color that lasts.
- Compacts: Whether for the face, eyes, or cheeks, CHANEL powder compacts are a favorite among customers. No only do they illuminate and complement the skin, they are decorated with trademark CHANEL designs and textured to resemble the brand's iconic quilting and other patterns from historical CHANEL collections. The Ombres Matelassees features the quilting, while the Route Des Indes Des CHANEL was inspired by a 1960s collection created by Coco Chanel.
CHANEL offers a complete line of skin care products for the face and body including cleansers, masks, creams, moisturizers, and sun care. Their most popular lines are Ultra Correct Lift and Ultra Correct Line Repair; both focus on repairing and preventing skin issues associated with aging and use innovative formulas exclusive to CHANEL. They have three other prominent skin care lines available which center on moisturizing, brightening, and regenerating.
- Hydra Beauty: The new Hydra Beauty line uses a combination of Camellia PFA and Blue Ginger PFA to provide intense moisturizing and protection to the skin.
- Le Blanc: CHANEL's brightening collection, Le Blanc, uses primarily Pearl Protein and Licorice Extract to illuminate and even out the skin while hydrating. Some products feature the addition of the TXC molecule, which helps to diminish dark spots.
- Ultra Correction Lift: The Ultra Correction Lift collection uses CHANEL exclusive technology to boost collagen and lift skin from the inside with the Polyfractioned Active, of PFA.
- Ultra Correction Line Repair: Ultra Correction Line Repair products use Bay Cedar PFA to stimulate enzymes that aid in the prevention, reduction, and reversal of the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Sublimage: One of the newest lines of CHANEL skincare, Sublimage uses Enriched Planifolia PFA to provide total anti-aging care. It moisturizes, reduces wrinkles, firms, evens skin tone, and more to create radiant, younger-looking skin.
Chanel often adds new products to their cosmetics line to ensure they're giving their customers the latest in science and fashion. New colors are worked into the makeup line seasonally, and new technology applied to skin care products regularly. They also frequently expand their signature scent lines to give customers more of what they love.
- Fragrance: Recent additions to the frangrance line include CHANEL No. 5 Sheer Moisture Mist, CHANEL No. 19 Bath Gel and Body Lotion, CHANEL Chance Eau de Toilette Twist and Spray, and the Coco Mademoiselle Deluxe Set.
- Makeup: CHANEL creates seasonal color collections for Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter, as well as those inspired by places like India, as is the most recent collection, Bombay Express.
- Skincare: New skincare products include Sublimage La Crème and Masque and Hydra Beauty Crème, Gel Crème, and Serum.
Orphaned at the age of 12, Coco Chanel was sent to Aubazine, a convent orphanage. While there, she learned how to sew, a skill that would be the catalyst to all future successes. Eventually, her connections and talent would turn her hobby into a business, with her first boutique opening in Paris in 1910. By 1913, she had introduced a line of luxury leisure clothing, and by 1919, she was a licensed couturiere.
She revolutionized the way women of her age dressed by giving them simplicity and style. By 1920, she was changing the world of beauty, too. The initial success of No. 5 left Coco with a desire to expand her beauty business. To do so, she partnered with Pierre Wertheimer and Theophile Bader to found Parfums CHANEL. From No. 5, the company has expanded its' beauty line to include skin care, makeup, and several other fragrances, all of which maintain the legacy of practical luxury and superior quality established by Coco Chanel so many years ago.